Wednesday 10 November 2010

Introducing... me!

So, I fiddled around on Blogger for ages deciding what I wanted this blog to look like (still not entirely satisfied, but it'll do for now), and then put off actually writing my first post. I've wanted to start a blog for ages. It seems like a great way to catalogue everything I make, and of course, a way of meeting like minded people. And let's not forget how much I've learnt from reading other people's inspirational blogs, such as Gertie's and Casey's.

I have a tendency towards UFOs, and also perfectionism, which sometimes hinders me from attempting certain projects. I am hoping this blog will encourage  me to get things done at a faster rate, and to take more risks. I hope in the future to set myself a number of targets, but have too much going on at the moment to start now. I will mention a couple of aspirations I have though. After following, although sadly not taking part in, Gertie's fabulous coat sew-along I am dying to have a go myself. I can't wait to try pad stitching, and look forward to the fabulous tailored result I will hopefully attain. I also have this wonderful vintage house dress pattern that I would like to make up as a dressing gown.

Last year I took a course in Pattern Cutting. I am hoping to do some more courses, and while I'd like to take every course available, my inclination is towards tailoring, and lingerie making. Hopefully I can share my progress in any of these with you.

Anyway, I think that will do for my first post. I will leave you with a picture of an afghan I crocheted for a friend of mine who had a baby. I used a 5mm hook and King Cole DK yarn. I was very pleased with the outcome.


I didn't have a pattern per se, I found the basic stitch pattern in a book, and figured out the size would need for a blanket. I addes several rows of trebles (don't get me to specify UK/US I still get a little confused) for the border. I sewed on a little tag in one corner, although you can't see it in this shot. I haven't got many photos, as forgetful as I am, I didn't remember until after I gave it to her, hence her little one is in  the shot. You can see the pattern a little better in the next shot.


It's a combination of trebles, and fans, made from trebles. Sorry I don't have a better picture, but you get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment