Tuesday, 5 April 2011

My new toy!!!

I am now the proud owner of a binder foot. I first came across this cool toy when reading about vintage sewing machines. They used to come with a large array of feet. The cassock I've been working on calls for prefolded bias binding to finish the visible seams. It is slightly time consuming, but the finished look is so neat and professional. So, being me, I decided to go hunting on ebay, and the rest was history. Hopefully I'll have a go with it in the next few days, and let you know how I get on.

I've been in something of a funk since being ill. I have managed to find myself in the position of not having any easy projects on the go ie. crochet blankets, knitting etc. Normally I have several things on the go. I feel some what at a loss. I know I need to get on with the cassock, but I feel in need of something quick and satisfying. So I've decided to justify my deviation from what I should be doing by doing some stash busting. I'm going to make version 3 of Colette patterns Sencha blouse.

I ordered the pattern when it first came out but never got round to making it. I'm going to use a quilting cotton (guessing here) someone gave me recently, and the some buttons I just happen to have on hand. I'm not going to bother with a muslin. I did a few measurements on the pattern and think it should be ok.

I have the pieces all traced, cut out and ready to go. Will hopefully finish this over the next few days. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment