Wednesday 29 June 2011

Work in progress


So, I'm still around. As you can probably tell from the above picture I'm currently knitting a pair (well, still singular actually) of socks. This is my first time using double pointed needles and knitting in the round. It is a lot easier than it looks I am pleased to say. I am especially pleased with how the heel turned out. It's like magic how the shape appears from the stitches as you knit. Looking at the instructions you think this is never going to work, I'm going to have a holey mess, but voila. For those of you interested, here's a close up.


I'm actually a little further now as these pics were taken last night. I knitted a further 20 or so rows today. I'm loving the colour of the wool. Its a really vibrant purple and pinky red. The pics don't do it justice.

In other news, the cassock is finished! Or at least my part in it. It just needs hemming, and all the buttonholes added, but my friend and her mum are going to sort that out. I'm really pleased with how its turned out. I haven't got any pictures yet as she needed it as her husband is to be ordained in it this Sunday, but hopefully I'll get some decent shots afterwards.

I've also finished my Sencha blouse, all that needs doing is the buttons to be sewn on. The construction on this has been great. And I am in love with catch stitch. I've never used this stitch before. It gives such a neat, secure finish. This will be used again and again I feel.

I've been a very naughty girl, and still haven't finished sewing up my niece's never to be cardigan. My excuse is that I lost enthusiasm after seeing it was definitely not going to fit. My fault entirely for not getting on and finishing it sooner, but a downer never the less.

So basically, photos on their way :) Oh, and I've pre-ordered Tasia of Sewaholic's new pattern; the Lonsdale dress. She offered free shipping, what could I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment