Monday 4 April 2011

Pattern Naughtiness


Why is it that whenever I go on ebay I always seem to find myself browsing through vintage patterns? Especially the nightwear/underwear. Grr. I completely fell for the above pattern, and ended spending more on it than I usually do on patterns. It's from the 1930s, and has that lovely gathering at shoulders and bust that I always go for. And the jacket!!! Look at that cute little bow. I know I'm going to have to draft the skirt up a size or two, but I couldn't resist once I had seen the pattern, it had to be mine!

And now on to the real stuff, lol. I have failed miserably to come up with a list of things to make, swap really has defeated me. I have also signed myself up for another sewalong. The Crescent skirt sewalong being held by Tasia over at sewaholic.net, despite not having finished the swing dress sewalong. I got the swing dress PDF pattern all stuck together after much fun and games.


I have also traced (yes, I'm one of those people), cut out and adjusted the pattern pieces. I made the waist slightly larger, traced a larger size for the skirt, and shortened the bodice. I was all ready to start on the muslin when I got more hours at work. Yay! I've been working reduced hours at work for over a year now, and I finally scored some more. Temporary unfortunately, but the extra money is good while it lasts. This naturally has cut into my available sewing time. And then I got ill :(  And then I got ill again!! I am finally getting my energy back. Anyway, am 'slightly' behind with the swing dress sewalong seeing as how it's finished. I still intend to finish it, but I've lost some of my zeal.

On a more positive note my friend has had her baby and I made her a blanket. My best so far if I do say so myself.

Excuse the cat, she just kept coming back every time I moved her. It's a simple chevron pattern made up of trebles (doubles depending where you're from). If you look at the bottom left corner you can see my little label. You can also see the pattern better.


I'm very pleased with it, and think it went down well with it's recipient. Am thinking of making another version of it soon. Three more friends are pregnant, so that will keep me busy.

While ill the first time round I experimented with a cute baby bootie pattern, some little brogues. The wool and ribbon are just what I had lying around. Not sure the gauge was quite right, they are rather small. Very newborn :) I think I'll make them again though. They're just too sweet. Very quick to make too. Maybe 2 hours all together. What do you think?


The picture's not very good I'm afraid. I need to get into the habit of using my camera instead of my phone. It's just easier, lol.

I also made up a few bookmarks as gift for loved ones. This is one of my favourite patterns. They are quick to make. Less than 2 hours start to finish, and look great. I've made at least six of them now. The pattern is from ravelry, and best of all is free. You can find it here.




The cassock is coming along. Pictures soon. It's a way from finished yet. I didn't feel up to working on it while I was ill. So that's next in line, or should I say at the front of the queue. Have also finished knitting a cardigan for my niece that I started, ahem, a year and a half ago. Not sure it's going to fit. Just need to finish sewing it up. Pictures soon. Hope you're all well. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your new pattern is gorgeous & don't worry, you're not a lone eBayer/pattern addict ;o)

    I absolutely love your baby blanket & booties and the bookmarks are inspired!!

    ReplyDelete